Thursday, November 13, 2008

Okay I have been Lazy!

Well, so I have been a little lazy about posting, I guess I have just had other things on my mind. I have to admit, I have been struggling lately with a little depression, but I think I have a grip on it again. I think it was brought on by knowing there is another mom out there struggling after the death of her son, Matthew. I read her posts and it just reminded me how hard it was and still is sometimes, and I got down. But I took a day for myself, and went out and got some new craft stuff, mainly stuff for stamping and scrapbooking, then I came home and made some cards. I use blank cards that I get at the store, and just stamp them and make them nice looking. Then I went to church last night and we used one of the cards I had made for a friend at church who is having health issues right now. It did my heart good to know that I could make something and use it to lift someones spirit and let them know that I am praying for them. I also gave some of the cards I had made to the teen girls teacher at church for them to use. When I was young I never really understood the saying about helping others can help yourself, but now, I have realized that when I can make something or do something for someone else, it makes me feel blessed for everything God has given me. And I also feel more at peace with all that me and my family has been through. Someone suggested that I make some of the cards, and sell them, but I don't think I will. I think it would take the fun and satisfaction out of it for me. I would rather just do it to lift other peoples spirit, and to help other groups at church to send. I will also be making some so that I can send them out for Christmas.

Other that that, I have just been working on some of my knitting, and crocheting projects. I have to get back to making my angel ornaments if I intend to get about 25 more done in about a month. AHHHHHHHH can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving, then Christmas and then the year will be over. Man, this year has just flown by hasn't it.

Well, I need to get busy, I have stuff I need to be doing besides being on the Internet. Don't forget to thank God for all the blessings in your life.
Live, Laugh and Love,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hi Judy,
I think when we are all young, a lot of us don't understand how giving to someone else will do something for us. I know I have learnt that as well :-)
I am sorry you have been feeling down. I know you want to be there for the other mum who lost her child, but it is important to not let yourself get too caught up as you still have a sore heart and can get down, make you start feeling like you just lost your child right at the beginning again. You are in a different stage and even though you still feel down about John, if you look back at your walk you have come so far! My pyschologist used to warn me about these things with my walk and FA. She loved the fact that I supported people but wanted me to maintain my hope so she asked me to take a short break when it got too much for me. I think it is beautiful how you support people....but try not to let yourself sink back into those all too familiar feelings as you are in a different stage...do you know what I mean? I still think it is important to support your friend by ALL means. You have such a soft heart. Keep looking after yourself my love. Off I go to get ready for IVIG!
Love you,
Charisse