Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why?

Why do children have to go through so much?  Why does Cancer and other horrid diseases have to take their little bodies and reek havoc on them?  Yes, as you can tell, I am in a down mood today.  I found out today that one of the friends I met while at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital with John is in the fight for his life once again.  He has neuroblastoma, he was in remission for about 2 to 3 years and found out today that it is back.  It is in his head this time.  The sad part is that his mom was told today that they have limited options.  They are going to give him chemo for 4 months in hopes of getting him in remission again, and if they are successful, they will then send him to Philadelphia or New York for a chance at other treatments, because they have no more options here.  He is only about 10 or so and this is his 3rd bout with this type of cancer.  It saddens me more than I can comprehend, I am struggling.  I know that God has a plan, and that no matter what, things will go the way He wishes them to go.  I just don’t want another mother to feel the loss that I battle every day.  I wouldn’t  wish something like this on my worst enemy so to speak.  AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  May God bless his family and save him, that is my prayer for today!

Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Dearest Judy,
it saddens me as well. I am sorry. We don't understand the ways of God but I know he doesn't want these children to suffer either.
Love you lots,
Charisse