Monday, August 16, 2010

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. A friend of mine went a little to far, and has hurt my daughter's feelings. Then when my daughter just let it slide, and was trying to forget about it (which is a very mature way to deal with things like this), the friend said little snide remarks that brought it back up, at church no less. My daughter, once again, just let it slide and didn't make a scene, which makes me proud because there are a lot of times you just have to be the mature one even if you are younger. But then, the wife of a friend saw a post on facebook that my daughter had posted the night it all happened, which was almost 24 hours prior to her reprimanding remark that really ticked my daughter off. Now I feel like I need to stand up for my daughter, but I want to do it in a mature and christian manner, but I also know that my friends take things to personal and get offended real easy. Like they never make mistakes or something, I guess that is the way I would describe them. So, my problem is this: My daughter has been trying to deal with it in a very mature way, but now that it hasn't been dropped, do I confront my friends and if so how. HELP!!!!! I don't like confrontations, but I will not let my daughter be made fun of the way she has, and I will not keep telling her to let it slide when she hasn't done anything wrong. All she did was react to someone else going to far. How do I tell my friends this without them taking offence?
Confused and Stuck,
Judy

No comments: