Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why?

Why do teens rip out the hearts of their mother and stomp on them and make them feel like the dirt under a snakes belly, then get all mad when mom tells dad, and dad gets on the teen, so she takes it out on mom. Teens, can't live with them, can't kick them out. What to do, what to do? Crying doesn't help, ranting doesn't either. I am just about ready to go ballistic. I do the best I can to set realistic rules and guidelines for my kids, and they have all tried them a lot, but B.J. strikes at my heart and tries to hurt my feelings and stuff and I can't handle that. My others just fussed and feuded and got over it for a while. Not B.J., she just tries to hurt my feelings in hopes of getting her way. She doesn't do hardly anything I ask of her, and she takes advantage of me too. Lord please help me figure out how to discipline her in a manner that will teacher her the right way to do things. Put it in my heart to know what to do. I am about at my wits end. I am starting a new path in my life, and now she is giving me trouble. I can't take much more. Please help me Lord,
Judy

1 comment:

As Simply As We Can said...

Why? Because they don't have a fully functioning brain yet. That silly frontal lobe that doesn't develop until one is about 20 or 21. When ours are having a particularly "teen" moment, we enjoy just looking at them and informing them that they don't have a developed frontal lobe yet and when they finally do get one...are they ever going to feel silly for what they are currently doing/thinking/fill-in-the-blank. Doesn't really change them any, but sure does make us feel better!