Monday, September 15, 2008

Hello all



Well, hello again! Things are okay here, thankfully we just got some much needed rain and some wind from the left overs of Hurricane Ike. The wind was up quite a bit, but not bad enough for any real damage. The weekend went pretty good. I had 2 baby showers to go to, and I enjoyed them a lot. I had knit baby afghans for them both, as well as another one that hasn't had her shower yet. The afghans have been done for a few months now, thankfully, since there were 3 to be made about the same time. Now I get to wait until sometime in October to find out what my step-son's baby is going to be, boy or girl, then I will make one for him and his girlfriends baby too. I like to try to find out the sex of the child so that I can decide which color to make it in.




Other than that I just had 2 girls over with B.J. for the whole weekend. It was really trying this time, they didn't want to mind or pick up after themselves, so my husband and I had to fuss at them a few times. By yesterday, B.J. was giving me the silent treatment, and so it was quite for most of the day yesterday after the visiters went home. Then she got over it and was talking to me again. Sometimes I just have to be a big meany I guess!!!!




Well, that is about it I guess. I haven't been in the best of moods lately, so there isn't to much to say. I know why I have felt so bad, there were a couple of deaths in my church family, but I just couldn't get myself to go to the funerals. It was just to emotional, then I felt guilty for not being there for my friends. It all started of course with the beginning of September, John's birth month. He would have been 13 on the 25TH of this month, and I am missing him something fierce. I stay in a teary state quite a bit, but I am just trying to deal with it and go on with life as I know he would want me to. It is just very hard. But I will get through this. I am trying to keep busy, right now I am helping make some bookmarks for our Ladies Day event at Church, which is on November the 8TH. The theme is Hawiian, and my mom found a pretty Pineapple Crochet bookmark pattern and that is what we are using. She has already made 80 of the 110 that we need, so I told her to take a break and a friend of mine and I am making the rest. I have made about 14 so far, and my friend was working on her 6TH when I talked to her, so we have about 10 more to do. When we get them done, some of the other ladies at the church will add the ribbons to them. Here is what they look like:

Sorry if it looks a little blurry, it is a little hard to get the picture of a book mark that is only about 3 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide. I don't have a very steady hand right now either. But at least you can get an idea of what they look like. They are in various colors, and the ribbon will go at the bottom, where the space in the middle is. I think they are going to get white and cream colored ribbon. Cool, don't you think? Well I guess I did have a little more to say, HA!

Until next time then, May God Bless and Keep you all.

Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Bless you Judy. I know that September would be incredibly difficult for you and you would be missing John heaps and heaps. You are such a sweet lady. It is ok that you could not go to the friend's funeral. It is really tough and still fresh with you not having John around. Know that I love you and am thinking and praying for you.
Love Charisse