Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy days!

Well, it has been busy around here. I have been helping the Church with the registration part of our upcoming youth rally, plus baby sitting, and the normal stuff around the house. I am enjoying it, but it doesn't allow much blogging time that is for sure. I guess it will be like this when I start to school too, but I will still be online when I can and update when I can as well. Our youth rally is this weekend, Friday and Saturday. I won't be able to go on Saturday, due to baby sitting, but I will be up there helping the churches that are coming to get registered and keep a count of how many we have as they come in for the ladies that are working in the kitchen so they can be prepared. I am fixing to go in and get my cookie dough ready so that I can get the 2 dozen cookies done to take up there too. We all do our parts to make it a good experience for the 7Th through the 12Th grades, so they can learn more about God and how he works in our lives, and how they can become closer to Him. It is our biggest event of the year, bringing in from 500 to 700 teens and adults. So there are a lot of us from our congregation that have been busy, busy, busy getting ready. We have to get their packets ready, which have name tags already printed for them and schedules on the back, plus wrist bands that are color coded for each grade (class) and they have the option to buy tee shirts with the theme for this year which is "Transform". The classes will be focused on transforming our lives to reflect God and His light in our lives. How great it is to be doing the Lords work, even if it is more of a background role in the process. My heart is so full of love for God and the work we are doing to bring more souls to him. I am just so excited!

I am also starting back to my Russian speaking class. I have missed it so much, but was able to be there last night, and it was so much fun. I may never use it besides at class and talking to the other people taking the class, but it is fun, and it really gets my brain working again. It takes studying and practice, and it isn't easy, but the couple that are teaching us are so patient and fun that it makes it so enjoyable, even if I do mess up (which I do often), that it is just fun. Thank you Adrianne and Erik for all you do for us and the youth of the church, you guys are an inspiration to many.

Well, I guess I will go for now.
Remember that God is always there for those who seek him,
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
In Him,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy!
You certainly sound very busy. It is so rewarding to things with your church, isn't it? I feel rewarded to and enjoy doing things with people who love Jesus just like I do!
It is great to hear what a good time you are having.
Lots of love,
Charisse