Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello all

Well, hello all. I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy. It has been a rather weird couple of days. Sunday we woke up to about 5 inches or so of snow. It is supposed to be starting to warm up, but we are now colder than we have been for a while. The schools were closed yesterday, but it has melted off the roads well enough that they opened today. There is still snow on the ground were the sun doesn't hit it well. I took some pictures, but I haven't uploaded them, but it sure was a pretty winter wonderland. It was actually more snow than we have had all year here. I pray it is over though, I am ready for spring, and mild weather. So that the heat doesn't have to stay on, but we don't have to use the air conditioner either. I would like to have a decent electricity bill for a couple months. But it will be what it will be,Check Spelling God knows what he is doing, so I guess I will deal with it no matter what and try not to complain either.

Everyone here is doing okay, I am fighting off a slightly stuffy nose, but other than that I have been blessed to not have gotten really sick through the winter, and I pray that I can keep it all under control and not get sick for a while.

B.J. is doing well, she has been going to the park in town and walking and running on the track there, and as she said, "I am trying to get ready for bathing suit season." She isn't that big, just a little pudgy, but she is at the age that she is aware of her looks and health, and is trying to get "in shape" and I have to say I am proud of her for doing it the right way. She eats smaller portions, and exercises, and tries to limit her snacks. She isn't starving herself, or depriving herself, and I am very proud of her. I am nervous of course, she has started wearing some makeup, and stuff, I know the "boy" issue and dating will be next. She knows that she can't date until she is 16, but that isn't but about 10 months away. The scary years are upon us! HA! But she has a good head on her shoulders so I will just have to trust her, at least until she breaks that trust (if she does). I know quit rambling on, and let her have her fun while she is young. But it is scary for a mom in this day and age. There is way to much trouble that girls can get into. Oh well, one day at a time I guess.

My husband is doing okay. We are struggling financially, but he is doing his best, and there just isn't any jobs around here so I can't do much to help him. God will provide. I just have to trust that he will take care of it.

Well, I guess that is about it for now. Sorry about the rambling. May God bless you all.
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

I am glad all is well. I don't know what it is like to have a child in the teens. One day I will...hehe.
How interesting that the biggest snow fall is now!
Love ya heaps,
Charisse