Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wow

Well, wow just about sums it up. We had over 600 attendees at our youth rally this year. It felt so good to help with the Lords work, and working with the registration team. My mom and I worked the numbers after each group got signed in, mom would count the numbers in each age group, and then the totals, and I input it into the spreed sheet so that we would know how many were there after every group. We did it this way for the first time this year, so that the kitchen team would know how many they needed to prepare for for the snack times last night as well as for all the meals and snack times today. In previous years, the total wouldn't be tallied until the end of the registration process and it was all added by hand. This way, we tallied each group as they came in, and the computer did the tally for us. SO MUCH EASIER!!!!!!!!! We are planning on doing it this way again next year. I got to listen to a little of the singing and devotions off and on, as they had a live feed to our christian service center. God has blessed our church to be able to do the youth rally every year for 13 years now. There have been members of our church who would be visiting other churches in surrounding states, as well as in Tennessee, who said that when he mentioned where they attended Church, the other people would know that it was the Church that has the youth rally every year. It is known about now in about 5 states. I just think that is the coolest thing. We have churches that plan on coming every year, they plan it as a normal activity in their churches youth groups. I just can't express how exciting it is, and how full of the Lords love I feel after being a part of it all. I know, I am babbling a bit, but I am just so upbeat about it all, as well as blown away by it all.
Well, I pray you all are as blessed as I feel!
With Loads of Love,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Wow, 600! That is incredible! What is the name of your church? What denomination is it?
Using the computer would be a whole lot easier than just counting the numbers yourselves!!! Sounds like a successful youth rally! Praise the Lord!
Love Charisse