Monday, June 28, 2010

You learn something about yourself every day if you listen.

Well, I learned something about myself this weekend. My washing machine had quit on me, wasn't working correctly. My husband went and got me another one, basically within 24 hours. I couldn't believe how happy I was just to get a new washer that worked. I was so excited that I washed the first load, then swapped that load into the dryer, set the dryer, and emptied the lint trap, then proceeded to wash the 2nd load. So after a while, I went to check the loads and realised that the dryer wasn't running so I opened the door to fold the clothes. Guess what I forgot to do in the excitement of putting that 2nd load in the washer. Yes, I forgot to push the button to start the dryer. LOL. I thought, "you are really getting to be an old woman now, you get so excited about a washer that you forget to start the dryer." How silly am I? I guess we all know now. But I now have caught up on my laundry, I have the last regular load in the wash, and the dryer running. After that all I have is a small load of delicates, B.J.'s dresses, and I will be done. So, what I learned about myself through this process is that I am a more mature woman than I thought. As a young woman, I never thought I would be excited about having a new washing machine. I never thought I would be that "domesticated". Now I just realise that I am a domesticated woman, who is happy with the regular things, and that I don't have to have the extras. Yes, the extras are great, and fun, and such, but the important things are not the extras, but the normal, regular stuff that helps to keep the family happy, healthy, and together, even if it is just a washing machine.
God has Blessed me with so much,
Have a great day,
Judy

No comments: