Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Life

Well, life has it's ups and downs for everyone. I am doing okay, just having a few issues, don't know exactly what it is. Muscle weakness, getting tired doing little to nothing. If I do much, I feel like I have run a marathon. I went to the doctor, they did blood work, but didn't find anything. He seemed to think it was a viral thing, but it should be better by now I would think, after all it has been 2 days since I saw him and little has changed. They checked my B12 levels, but the results won't be in for a few days (which means any day now), and they gave me a B12 shot just in case. I don't know, we will just have to see how things go.

My son is having a rough time right now too. His Aunt is suing him over a motorcycle. I don't know when it became okay to sue your own family, but his Aunt is. They bought it in their name for Brad, then when he wanted to come back home to TN instead of staying in Idaho, they got mad at him and wouldn't let him bring the motorcycle home with him. He didn't feel it was right paying for it when they wouldn't let him bring it with him, so he didn't pay them back. Well, apparently they didn't pay for it either, and the bank repo'ed it and sold it and there was a 5,000 dollar difference so the bank sued his Aunt for the difference since it was their loan. Well, in Idaho, a verbal agreement, even if they broke it by not letting him bring it with him, is just as binding as a written one, and she won't even let him pay it off a little at a time, and is really being awful to him. I would never treat family that way. I have been screwed by family too, but I didn't sue them or make it harder than it needed to be on them. Who knows, I am just glad I am not part of that family, except through my kids, any more.

Becky is doing okay. She is working at a decent job in the field that she is schooled in, Cosmetology. She is married, and happy, and she is off to Maryland with her husband and some of his family on vacation, visiting his family up there and going to the zoo, and to the Smithsonian Institute. I am proud of them for doing well, and making a happy life for themselves. She is upset that her brother is having to deal with so much, and is finding out that their fathers side of the family isn't all they thought it was. She is starting to understand why I left her dad, and doesn't hate me so much for it. She actually had Bobby Joe give her away at her wedding. She didn't even want her dad there. She invited her grandmother but she wouldn't even come. So sad that family is, I feel sorry for Becky and Brad for the way their fathers side of the family treat them and each other. I am proud though of how she is dealing with it.

B.J. is, well, B.J. and is a typical 16 year old who doesn't talk to her parents unless she wants to. And when she wants to talk, it doesn't matter if we are busy or if I am trying to sleep or have "me" time. Of course if she needs to talk to me, I will drop everything and listen the best I can. It is hard to believe that she will be starting her Junior year of High School. She is growing up so fast and she is my last child home. I don't know where the time has gone. I feel like I missed so much of her youth while I was away with John while he was getting his BMT. I feel like I let her down somehow. I know I was doing what I had to do, but that doesn't make it any easier when it comes to me not being there for her. I did my best, but was it good enough? All I can do is the best I can from here on.

Well, that just leaves my husband, and step-children. My hubby is doing well, or as well as he can. He has had an ulcerated place on his foot that he has been having treated since April. It is finally about healed, but it was bad for a while. I thought he would loose his toe, or even his foot for a while because it looked so bad. But he is doing much better now so that is good. My step-son Wilson is still living with his mom, and jobless, and not trying to take care of himself. He never graduated, and won't get his GED, and won't try to find a job. I worry about him, what will happen when his mom isn't there to take care of him, I do not know. I didn't give my kids the option of living off me, so I do not know what will happen. I won't take care of a grown man who won't try to take care of himself. My other step-son is doing well. He is living in Mobile, Alabama with his fiance, and they have a beautiful son named John Micheal. So, yes, I am a grandmother. Step-Grandmother really, but none the less he is my grandson. I love him so much. Amber, my Step-son, Bobby's fiance is a good girl. She is getting her GED, and they are working hard to move into their own place. They are living with her grandparents right now, but Bobby has a good job and they were house hunting last weekend. I am so excited for them.

Well, that about wraps this up for today, so I will close for now.
May God Bless us all,
Judy

No comments: