Monday, April 21, 2008

Stomach bug hits me hard.

Well, Sorry I haven't been posting much. Not much happening except for the stomach bug that hit me Friday evening and I am just starting to feel a little more normal today. I hate it when I get sick, and this hasn't been fun. But I am surviving and I will be all better soon, hopefully anyway. Other than that things have been rather peaceful here. B.J. and I had a great mother-daughter day yesterday. She is 14 years and 4 months now, and she has her 8Th grade prom this weekend, so I decided since she has been asking about make-up and stuff that it was time. So, we went and got some of the powder foundation that matched her complexion, and some other stuff and had a make-over so to speak. I taught her how to use it in a natural way so that she didn't look "made up". We painted her toenails blue, and put some clear on her fingernails, and even fixed her hair. She looked natural, and of course beautiful, and we had a good time together. I can't believe she is getting so grown up. Next year she starts high school, then in 4 years she will start college, and I can't hardly believe she is old enough to do all these things. They grow up so fast. I just wish sometimes that I could see John grow up and go to school activities, and graduate, but that just wasn't meant to be. He would be 12 1/2 now, had he made it through the transplant, or I guess I should say FA since that is where it all started anyway. But he is healed now, and missed by many, loved by more, and safely in God's hands now and that is just how it is. Yes, I am missing him a lot today. I got my video camera out and realized that it has been since he passed away and I came home since I had it out. I rewound the tape that was in it, and watched it and realized that it was the last Christmas that we spent together. Me, my husband, B.J. and John in room 6301 of VCH myleosuppression unit. Yes, more tears, some of happiness of fond memories, some of wishing we could have more of those great times. It is funny how you remember things in small ways. I guess it is God's way of helping us work through these sometimes hard feelings and hard times. What do you think? I think we all need to step back, take time to love each other, especially family and friends, and quit taking life for granted. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Hug your kids, family, and friends, and make sure they know how much they mean to you! And thank God for every minute you have with them, even if you may be fussing, or not getting along! You never know if you will have another chance to say, "No matter what, I will always love you!"
Thankful for every Blessing God has given me,
God bless you all,
Judy

P.S. By the way, I added a couple pictures to the slideshow, so if you have time, check them out.

No comments: