Monday, June 2, 2008

Wow, it has been one long weekend!

Well, it has been a long weekend. B.J. fell on Friday and hurt her knee, and dealing with that and having to wait on her almost hand and foot has made for a very long and tiresome weekend, but we went to the doctors and at least it isn't broken, and doesn't look injured to badly. It does have fluid built up in it and the doctor put her on crutches and antibiotics to make sure the fluid doesn't set up infection, as well as pain relief. If the fluid doesn't go down by Friday of this week, then he will remove it by needle aspiration. The funny part is watching her try to use the crutches, she tends to be a little clumsy on her own two feet, let alone trying to use the crutches. But anyway we are dealing with it and with God's help, it will heal up soon. At least that is my prayer. She has Church camp in a few weeks and needs to be up to par by then.

I want to ask for continued prayer for my friends, the Litchfields. They are struggling with the relapse and all, and are looking at 4 to 6 weeks inpatient, probably soon. They will find out more tomorrow, when they meet with the team again to discuss plans. Just please keep them in your prayers.

I am doing okay, had a few bad days lately with being down some. I think one thing that is flaring up the sadness and worrying is the fact that Becky is still down with her father, and I haven't talked to her in over a week except for one email she sent me last Wednesday. I worry about her, but I know I have to let her live her life her way. I just wish I knew she was okay, really okay. But I just have to trust that God is looking out for her, even if she doesn't like me talking about God and what I believe. She has pushed God away, even before John died, but more since. I just pray she finds her way back to him. Other than that, things are pretty good. I took some pictures of B.J. and one of her friends last Thursday, and will try to post a couple soon. We had fun doing that and then they swam for a little while in the creek.

Well, it is late, and I am going to close for now,
God Bless you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Wow, poor B.J....she does seem to have all sorts of dramas! I hope her knee gets better quickly.
Continue to just pray and intercede for your other daughter...God knows your heart.
Love Charisse