Friday, May 30, 2008

Prayer request

Hello all, just a post to ask for prayers for a dear young man I met at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital while John was there. His name is Matthew Litchfield, and I mentioned him in an earlier post. He had his Bone Marrow Biopsy today, and preliminary results are not good at all. His blast counts are up to 15%, which indicates his leukemia is back. Please pray for him and his family, and ask for him to be healed and to pull through this latest setback. He is only 15, Just a little older than my B.J., and I know how terrified his mom is. When he had his BMT, he had a lot of problems, but has been doing so well, but now the monster is back. So please, if you would, lift the family up in prayer with me.

Dear God, our gracious heavenly father, I ask that you please touch the Litchfield family tonight. Let them feel your loving arms of comfort around them. Take this awful illness, cancer, from Matthew's body and help him to defeat it once more as you did before, and please let it be gone forever Lord, if it be your will. We understand that you know what is best dear Lord, but we ask for him to make it through this illness to live a full and happy life. In Jesus' most holy name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy,
it is very frightening to hear this news and brings up so much uneasiness with my situation as well. I will be praying for this dear boy.
Lots of love,
Charisse