Thursday, October 2, 2008

A look back at my day.

Where to begin. Let's start with Matthew. He is not any better, but not any worse either. He is holding his own. His mom is handling things better, and for that I thank God for. I know how she is feeling now, and she needs Gods help.

I saw my oldest stepson tonight, and I haven't had anything to do with him for some time. I won't go into details, but he broke my trust in him and my heart at the same time about 4 and a half years ago. I was dealing okay with it, being nice, talking to him and his girlfriend (soon to be wife) and found out that they are having a boy. But what did me in, and I am having a hard time with it, is that they are giving him the first name of John. To me that is just a knife in my heart because of the past issues. I am trying to be a good Christan woman, but I fear that I am failing, and falling apart. He has no right to use my sons name, none! And I am struggling over this. Please say a prayer that I will be able to deal with this.

Other than that things are good. We have some of our missionary's in for a while. They do mission work in Russia, and have agreed to give lessons in the Russian language. Well, I decided to go, because I believe that we can always learn new things and it is good to do so. So I went and man, it was fun. I don't think I really learned much, but it was very interesting, and they made it so much fun, and we had plenty of laughter as well. Needless to say, I really had a good time and left with a smile on my face.

Earlier today, I got to babysit for my friends today. They have a 4 year old and a set of twins, and my friend hadn't had a mom's day out for some time, so I told her that I would come over, while her oldest was at school, and watch the twins so that she could just get out and have some "me time" as I like to call it. I had a real good time with them, I enjoy children, especially when they are toddling age. They are a little sickly, and they are going to the doctor tomorrow. But they were not to sick, and for the most part all was well. The little girl what a little cranky, but other than that we were all good. My friend came back and she just radiated happiness, and seemed to really enjoy her time to herself, and that made me feel so blessed, to be able to help a friend even a little is such a blessing to me. Yes, I have found that the little pleasures of helping others is such a soul lifting blessing from God.

Well, other than the issues with my stepson, my day has been great. Have you counted your blessings today? I have had quite a few. Don't forget to thank God for every blessing, great or small, that he blesses you with. And give him all your worries and sorrows, for he can take them and comfort you and help you deal with the not so pleasant side of life. Live, Laugh and Love, and thank the Good Lord that you can.
Until next time,
Judy

No comments: