Thursday, February 26, 2009

YEAH! I got my financial aid!

I found out yesterday that I will be getting financial aid, and will be able to go to the technical school and take classes in Business systems. I am so excited, and at the same time a little scared. It has been over 26 years since I graduated High School. Now I have to get up and be at class at 7:45am, that is scary. But I will do it and get used to it eventually. Now I just have to wait until they have an opening in the class. It will probably be September before I get in, but if someone drops their class or doesn't show for class, I may get to go in May. Either way, I am on my way to school soon. I pray that when I graduate from the course, there will be some jobs out there and that I will be able to start to work. I have been a stay at home mom for over 16 years now, and about 1/4 of that was taking care of John. Now that B.J. is in high school, and doesn't need a "full time mom" it is time for me to do for myself. It is hard to believe that I have come so far, and that I have raised my kids to where they are. And now I get to think a little more about myself and the future with me working and helping to support our family. I really don't know how I feel about it all to be honest. It is going to be a big change, but I am looking forward to it, and looking forward to a different way of life, not just a mom and wife, but going after a career for myself. Man, this is wild, and exciting and scary all at the same time!
Until next time,
May God bless you all as he has me,
Judy

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

yay!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your school adventures!!! Have fun with it!

Charisse said...

Yes!!! How exciting, Judy! I am so glad that you have been blessed with financial aide for all this!
Love Charisse