Tuesday, October 16, 2007

6 Months

Well, yesterday was the six month mark on John's death and I think I handled it pretty well. I miss him a lot, needless to say, but I am adjusting to life with him not here with me. It was very busy yesterday anyway, I had to take Becky to the doctor, then before she got done B.J. called and needed her inhaler for her asthma. Since the doctor had wanted us to have a recheck on her lungs from the pneumonia last month, I decided to take her to the doctor early instead of waiting until after school. By the time we got there, she was fine again, but by the time I got home I had a headache so bad, I thought my head would explode every time I stood up. It took 4 and 1/2 hours to get in to see the doctor and get out of clinic. All of it just for an ex-ray and to see the doctor for about 5 minutes and to hear she is fine and the attack she had this morning was exercise induced and we did the right thing by just having her take her inhaler treatment. Talk about frustrating! ARGH!!!

Today has been a little tougher, not so much because of being down from missing John, but because one of our little friends we met at the hospital is having some problems and they haven't found out what is going on yet. He had cancer, neuroblastoma I think it was called. He had went into remission, then relapsed, then had more treatment and is now NED which means no evidence of disease. But his platelet levels are dangerously low and I am worried about him and his mom. Please pray for him, as I am doing. They have been through so much in the last couple years.

Another young man, 13 I think, is having some GVHD issues from his BMT. He had leukemia, I don't recall the type, but had a transplant a little more than 7 months or so ago. He was doing great and was home in Kentucky, and started having GVHD of the gut and is now on soft bland diet and back inpatient. They also found out that when discharged they would have to stay in Nashville at RMH. Please be praying for him as well.

So many children sick, with or without cancers or rare diseases. I pray one day that the children will not have to got through stuff like this, that cures will be found and even improved so that it won't be so hard on the kids, and the families. I don't want more mothers to be missing their angels like myself and so many others. But God knows best, and it will be his will that is done.

May God bless you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy,
I have been thinking about you with it being John's 6 month anniversary since he died. I love you.
Love Charisse