Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Staying busy!

Hello friends, I hope your lives are going well and that everyone is healthy and happy. I am staying busy lately, helping to keep the Christian Service Center at Church clean, taking care of my family and just living life. It is hard after staying away from crowds for so long to get out and be around a lot of people, but it gets easier as time passes by. It has been almost 6 months since John died, and we are dealing okay. I think of him often, and usually with a smile on my face. I was at the store where my mom works today, and the manager said one of the ugly words that people use and I was teasing him about being offended. Then I remembered that John had asked me one time, "Mom, why do you use those words? They don't sound good, and they don't do any good either." So I told the guy about it, and he agreed with me that there just isn't anything to say to that kind of question except that John was right. Since John asked me that question I try my best to not say anything offensive, and not use "ugly" words. It is not worth it to use profanity, it just makes you sound ignorant and just, I don't know how to say it, lowly I guess. People don't even think about it anymore, how offensive it can be, I didn't until my son set me straight. I learned a lot from John, one thing being that kids are a lot smarter and attentive that we may think. I try to listen more and learn more from others because of the time I spent with John during his transplant. Having more patience is another thing I have learned, not just from John, but from all my kids. If you have patience with others, they will be more patient with you. But the most important thing I have learned from the years gone by, is FAITH. Faith that God is always with us and all we have to do is believe and live according to his word. Faith that through him all things are possible, and that even if we don't get the results we want, it is all in accordance to his plan. Life goes on, no matter what happens, and we have to keep our faith and walk the way of the Lord. God never promised that our earthly lives would be a picnic, or without illness. But if we believe, have faith, and do as the Bible tells us to do, his has a city for us to live with him in heaven when we are called home. There will be no tears in heaven, no illnesses, happiness abounding. So I do my best to do as God would want me to, because I know where I want to be. In heaven, with my son, but most of all with my God.

May God bless us all,
and may we all take the time to see his blessings and thank him for them.
Judy

No comments: