Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Break

Hello all, this week is fall break for B.J. and we have just been hanging around the house. She had a friend over Monday and yesterday until about 6pm, and we all had a pretty good time. Laughter was all through the house, I really enjoyed it. They went to the public library while I went grocery shopping, man teenage girls can put the food away! They were constantly hungry, but it was fun.

There isn't to much to really post about, just really laid back right now. I am doing well, still have those days sometimes, but handling it one day at a time. Halloween is coming up and it makes me remember John's last costume. He was inpatient, as a matter of fact tomorrow will be the one year mark for his re-admit from our summer home. It was when we found out about his kidney stones, then he had the compression fractures in his back, and on and on it went. But he let me paint his face real good, he was count Dracula. There was one nurse that had to do a double take because she thought he was about dead! We had a good laugh at that. He was unable to go to the different rooms because of the VRE, but we had the doors open and he got to see the other kids and they got to see him. His doctors loved that he felt up to it. He did tire out but he had a good time. I miss him a lot today, but he is with me in my heart.

My husband is doing okay, working as always, the man never quits working, even when he is home, he is out in his shop doing something. It isn't until about 7pm that he stops working and relaxes with us in front of the TV to watch something together.

My oldest son will be moving into his new house they had built this weekend, YEAH! He works hard and is doing well, I am very proud of him.

Becky is actually doing very well so far. She has been working now for a week, and is learning more stuff at work and they are bragging on how well she is doing. Some people think that fast food work is for the low status people, but the way I look at it, any work is good work. If it wasn't for people who work there, where would the "upper class" people get their food? I am proud of how well she is doing. They have called her into work on her days off twice so far, that is usually a sign of them being pleased with her work. I just hope she learns to manage her money and eventually gets a place of her own. I think it would do her self esteem good to be able to say she is doing it all by herself.

Well, that about does it for now, I have work around the house to do, and tonight is Church so I have a bible lesson to do as well.

God bless, and take care,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy,
I wanted to say hello quickly and that I can understand when specific events come up they remind you of John and how you miss him. It is nice hearing or reading you reminise about him in your journal.
I am glad the family is doing well.
I love you heaps and I am still here even though I may seem a bit slack with posting...for that I am sorry!
Love you,
Charisse