Friday, October 19, 2007

Well, today is going well, and the week is almost over. I have been just chilling out at the house this week, taking B.J. back and forth to school, and helping get things ready for Ladies Day at church this Saturday. The last couple days have been pretty good also, I have been more tired, but all in all it has been good. I have noticed that I am more tired and feeling kinda yucky and it dawned on me that my sugars may be off again so I started to check them every day. Yesterday it was 154 about 2 hours after eating. Today, it was 180 something, and I had taken my blood sugar medicine this morning. I am going to have to go to the doctor probably next week, and let him know that since he lowered my dose, my sugars have been higher, and I am feeling it now. I used to be on 3 pills a day, then for some weird reason he dropped it to 1/2 tablet 2 times a day making the dose a pill a day. So needless to say, it may have taken a few months, but my sugars are up and I think that is why I feel so tired, and yucky lately. The life of getting older, HA! I was asked today if I would like to go back to 1995, and I said no way. I have made it this far, I don't want to look back or change anything. I am proud of "getting old" or I guess I should say older. I have raised a great young man in my oldest son, I have gotten my oldest daughter to adulthood and even though she still struggles she is doing okay. I have made it through the death of my youngest son, and helped him through so much until God called him home. And I have a wonderful 13 year old daughter that I am doing everything I can to make her life "normal" and happy. So no, we have made it this far, why go back? I am proud of my age, and accomplishments. So what if I am not rich financially, I am more than rich in many other ways. In the past people were ranked by their character and honesty, it is a shame that people think that money makes you better. The bible even says that it is harder for a rich man to get into the gates of heaven than a poor man. Maybe because a rich man is more modest, giving and faithful to God whereas a rich man tends to be more greedy, conceited and worships his status and money before God. I don't know, this is just my thoughts, but I would rather not have the money, and have a good status with God personally. God will provide me with what I need, so I am not worried about it anyway.
May God bless you all as he has me,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Again Judy,
I am sorry to hear about your sugars being too high. It must be the change in meds! I will be praying that they get worked out and you feel more energy again. I do admire you as a mother and friend. You do so much and have so much love for everyone!
Bless you,
Love Charisse