Friday, October 26, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, it has been a week since I last posted, and things are about the same. We have just been going through life one day at a time. My husband's court date with his ex-wife about child support is over and it came out okay. My step son who will be 18 tomorrow but still in the 9Th grade we have to continue to pay support on until he graduates or turns 21, so unless he fails again or drops out we will be paying support for about 3 more years. But the oldest one was classified as emancipated and we no longer have to pay support on him. It turned out okay, I do believe that as divorced parents should pay support, but not after they become adults. But the law was fair about it and we are happy with the results, and that is all I will say on that matter for now.

B.J. is sick again, stuffy and coughing and wheezing and all that stuff. I took her to the doctor yesterday and he gave her antibiotics and did blood work and is checking her thyroid as well. He said he would just feel better with all that she has been through, the mono, the illnesses and such, that he wanted to make sure so I guess eventually he will check every little thing. It is good that he cares so much, but I just wish he was a little better at explaining his reasoning for it all.

Becky is trying to get a place of her own. She will probably have to get a place through public housing since she makes so little at her job, but as long as she is happy and can make it and is as safe as anyone can be in the world today than I am happy and will help as best I can. It does still bother me emotionally that we can't get along well enough for her to stay home until she can support herself, but we are both strong willed women and want it to be our own way and not the others, and it is my house and she won't do it my way. So it is the best solution for us both. Since she moved out and we have talked it out a little, we both realize that it is for the best that she not live with me. I love her as much as I love all my children, but she is enough like me and way to much like her dad, that we just can't get along when being in the same house for more than a day or so. Oh well, at least she is doing well, and seems happy and I guess that is all I can ask for.

I am doing okay, some days of course are harder than others. I keep remembering John last Halloween when he dressed as a vampire. I wish I could have got a picture of it, but we had not been inpatient long and I didn't have my camera with me. I had taken one of him with a disposable camera, but I don't know what happened to it and so I haven't developed it. If I could turn back the clock, I may not change much, but I would have had my camera on and taking more pictures and I would have let people take mine with him and my other kids more. I think that is one of my biggest regrets is that my husband, B.J. and John and I never got around to getting our picture taken together. My hubby hates the camera as much as I do when it is aimed at us. So silly now that I look back.

I have been keeping busy and this next week will be too. We have "trunk or treat" after church Sunday. It is like trick or treating only at the church and we decorate the trunks of our cars and the kids dress up and go around to the cars. More safe than actual trick or treat and fun too. I am dressing up as a witch. Then on Tuesday it is fall festival for the younger kids. B.J. is working it and doing one of the booths. I am making the "fish" that the kids will be fishing for. It is actually a card stock packet with a fish colored on it with a treat inside. I have about 36 more to do, and it can be a pain, but I love it and I think the kids will like it too. Plus we have to make 24 sandwiches to cut in half and serve at the fall festival, plus I am babysitting tomorrow, and possibly next week too. Busy, busy, busy work. I told you I was keeping busy! HAHA.

Well, I am thankful for the fun times, and the busy "normal" life after the time I spent in the Transplant world. It just gets a little hectic sometimes.

May God bless you all,
Judy

No comments: