Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I made it through another first.

Well, it is 10:30pm on Christmas night, and I have made it through another first without John. It was a great day, my oldest daughter stayed the night, and my son Brad and his wife came over this morning and we had breakfast together and visited for a while and gave and received gifts. The kids then went to my mom's house, then my parents and sister came over for a little while when they brought B.J. back home. My parents understood that I needed to stay at my house and deal with my emotions and the day, though very emotional at times, was good. I had a few teary moments, and my husband and I had a few tense moments, then we would realize that we were just venting and apologized to each other, hugged and supported each other, and made it through one of the harder firsts so far, besides his birthday that is. Today was a celebration of Christ, and I am so thankful that God gave him to us all, but it is also about family and friends and holding them close and letting them know we love them. Our minister at Church said that Christmas actually means the celebration and worship of Christ, and I said a prayer of thanks for Christ today as well as a prayer for my family as well as all of my friends near and far, for their support during John's transplant and his death. Without all of you, I don't know if I would have made it. Thank you all. And remember, Live, Laugh, Love, and let the ones you love know how you feel, for you never know what tomorrow brings. Never go to bed angry, hug and kiss your kids as often as they will let you, and thank the Good Lord for all the blessings he gives us all every day.
God Bless, and may it be Christmas every day,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Well done, Judy, for getting through one of the hardest "firsts" without John. Christmas would be very hard. I love you and think of you all the time. God bless you heaps this New Year.
Love Charisse