Friday, December 7, 2007

Hard time of the year.

Well, it has been about a week since I posted. Of course things have been up and down emotionally for me. I miss John so much that sometimes I just can't help but to just sit and cry, but then I feel better and go on. The Funeral Home here had a candle lighting ceremony for all the families who lost a loved one this year. It was so touching, and good, but hard at the same time. I don't know how to explain the feelings I had, because they were so up and down that night. We got to keep the candle and bring it home, and they also made an ornament for the families to put on their trees, they were all angels with the names of the loved one on the back as well as the year of birth and death on the back. I will have it on my tree every year. We also got an ornament from Wal-Mart that we had engraved in memory of John and it had a place for a picture too. So John's face is on my tree too.

I do not understand sometimes, why innocent children have to go through so much pain and death, but I know God has a plan, I just sometimes wish I could understand a little more. I know that he gave me my children as gifts to love and care for until he called them home, I just never thought that one of my children would be called back so soon. So my advice to any parents who may be reading this, love your children like there is no tomorrow. Take care of them, and teach them of the Love that God has for all who love and believe in him and his son Jesus who came and died so that we may find a place in heaven with them. Never take time for granted, and try not to say "In a little while" to them. Do what you can with your children while you can, because even if they are blessed with a long life, they grow up and move out on their own. Also take time to let your friends and family know how much you love them. Smile and spread good will, even if it isn't Christmas time. Help someone with a door, smile and tell people to have a great day, do what you can for others, it will make you feel better too.

Well, off my soap box. I am dealing as best I can, and with time and faith, I will be okay.
May God bless and keep you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy,
I do know how much of a hard time this time of the year is for you. The "firsts" are extremely hard and I can understand how you feel. Christmas was very strange the first year that Shannon, my brother, was not there. I know he is not my child but he felt like my twin, with having FA and all...we were so alike and something was missing when he was not there. I think you are brave to do the survey and to go to that service in memory. Bless you heaps. I am so sorry I have not been around for a while. I have been away on holiday and building up my strength to be as well as possible for Christmas this year with my family. I have finally come back to normal health after winter. I love you heaps and have been thinking about you lots. I have actually kept telling myself that I need to check into your site, but I apologise that I just had not opened up your journal and read. However, today I felt like I could and I love you very much. Talk soon I hope.
Love Charisse