Thursday, September 2, 2010

First night at school.

Well, my first night at school was interesting to say the least. The office never called our class up so we could register, so I am unofficially, officially enrolled now. But we had no books to work out of last night and for the first 2 hours we just sat there bored to no end! Then the instructor took us newbies to have a pow-wow, that was another hour or so. Then he found some keyboarding books and an English book, so I got to start on my keyboarding. I found it rather fun, and I finished with the first lesson and got 2 drills into the second lesson. I also found out I can still type 58 words a minute, not bad for someone who hasn't been doing a job with typing involved. I just blog, and chat online and stuff. Hey, it helped keep my time up. LOL. Internet is a good thing!!!! I think so anyway. But anyway, I hope they get us registered and get our books tonight so that I can be working it. I like the fact that it is more or less work at your own pace, so I can hammer out the stuff that I am comfortable with, and take my time with the ones that I am a little worried about. English being the first one!!!!! I am not that comfortable with that subject. I am looking forward to the math though, I always liked math back when I was in school. It will be good to brush up on my math skills. I also found out that I can get more than one certificate. It is up to me and how much I can get done in the next year or so. Some people get 2 to 3 within one year. So, hey, I will get all I can get as long as I can get the help with funding! I have help for the first year, so if nothing else, maybe I can get 2 to 3 in that time, and if I can get the funding, I can do more in the trimester or 2 after that. We will just have to wait and see.

Well, that about does it for now,
God bless!
Judy

No comments: