Friday, November 16, 2007

7 Months and it still feels like yesterday

Yes, it has been seven months since my John went home to God and earned his angel wings, but sometimes it still feels like yesterday. Yes, as you have guessed already, today is one of those teary eyed sad days for me. I imagine there will be quite a few more bad days ahead, but I will deal with them one day at a time and with Gods help and the help of family, friends and my church family, I will be okay and life goes on. I am looking forward to time with family next week at Thanksgiving dinner, but I will be missing John so much I just hope that I don't make it hard on everyone else. I am thankful that the rest of the family is doing okay and our health is good. I am also thankful that John is not in pain anymore and never will be. And most of all I am thankful that God chose me to be John's mom and that I was able to have him in my life for the 11 1/2 years that he was here with me.
John, I love you and miss you. I hope you know how much I love you still. Rest in peace my dear one, and enjoy your wings, you are free now to do as you and our Lord wishes.
Always remembering you,
Mom

No comments: