Friday, November 23, 2007

Another first down...

Well, yesterday was the first Thanksgiving without my son, and I made it through. It got harder as the day went on, and I teared up on the way home from lunch with my parents, but the hardest part was late into the evening after everyone else was able to get to sleep and I couldn't get to sleep. I think I cried for almost 3 hours and then watched a movie. I didn't get to sleep until after 3am this morning. But I did make it and though it was hard, it was not as hard as I though it would be. I even felt up to picking out an ornament for our Christmas tree that we can put a picture of John in and had it engraved in memory of John. It is really going to be hard Christmas, but he will be there in my thoughts and in my heart and on my tree. My husband and I were talking and we are not really in the spirit to decorate for Christmas, but we know that John would want us to, and B.J. needs us to, so we will be decorating in the next couple days. Yes, I am still a little teary eyed today. One day, one hour, one minute at a time is how I am doing it. We had Thanksgiving dinner today with my husbands parents and our friend Brad, and it went well. We had a good time and made some good memories. Well, I am going to go, now I get to clean the kitchen from the good dinner. FUN!
God Bless,
Judy

No comments: