Monday, December 22, 2008

3 more days until Christmas

As I sit here, missing John of course, and thinking about the Christmas holidays, I think about how God gave us his son, whom we Celebrate every year, and should Celebrate every day. Christmas is not just about the giving and receiving of gifts, or a big jolly man in red, riding in a sleigh with 8 reindeer flying him around to leave gifts under the trees around the world. It is about the birth of our Savior, the Son of God. The Son that God gave to us, who lived to please our Father in heaven, who was pure as we can only strive to be, that was crucified so that we can be forgiven for our sins and have a chance at having a place in heaven with Him and all His children. My son truly believed in God and Jesus, and lived in a manner that most grown Christians would be proud, I know I was proud. Even toward the end of his young life, and he was struggling with breathing and scared, all I had to do was ask him if he still believed in God, and that God had a plan, he would say yes or just shake his head yes, and would settle in and let God and the doctors do what they would. I always said that he was an old soul in a young and imperfect body, and was wise beyond his years. Now I try to live my life with the faith and strength as my son did, to make him proud of me, and to let everyone know that I too have faith in the Lord, and that I try to live as God wants me to. That is not to say that I don't still struggle with the loss in my heart, the ache of emptiness where John should be, but it does sooth my soul to know that my little John is were God wants him to be as am I, and that if I read my bible, and do as God wants, and have faith, that I have a chance to be with my son, beside our Lord and Savior in Heaven some day. So, while you celebrate, in what ever way you celebrate this holiday season, remember what it is truly about, Thanking God for all the blessings he has given us all, and for Giving His Son, so that our sins may be forgiven. Love your kids while you can, for they are a gift from God, and we never know when they will be called home to our Lord. We need to love everyone in our lives, because we are not guaranteed even one more day, so spread the Love and while you are at it, spread the word, that Christ is there waiting for us all, to hear the word of the Bible, to believe in him, to repent from our sins, and to receive him into our lives. The Gospel is for us all, will you read, listen and repent?
God bless you each and every one!
In Him,
Judy

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Awesome entry, Judy.
Merry Christmas!
Love Charisse

Charisse said...

Merry Christmas for today, Judy! It is the day after Christmas here! We had a good day yesterday. I hope you are enjoying your day.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Jusy, we just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you today and of John, I sure wish we could have met him! I have heard so many wonderful things about him from so many of the Vanderbilt families.
Praying your Christmas was blessed!
Renee & Family