Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Well, Christmas is almost here.

Well, we have 15 more days until Christmas, it seems like it should not even be December yet, let alone almost Christmas and a New Year. Time flies sometimes, I was talking to my husband last night about how when we are young, it seems like we will never be adults and like time just stands still when we want it to hurry, then we get older, have kids, and it seems like time just goes by so fast. Our children grow up way to fast, and it seems like it doesn't take long until they are grown, or almost grown. They move out, and develop their own lives, and relationships, and it seems like they should still be little. If you have young children, don't wish they would grow up because before you know it you will be wishing they were little again. Enjoy them while you can, even through the difficult stages, because believe me when I say, you will miss those times more than you can even believe when they are grown and out of your house. I miss my kids being little so much! My youngest girl, B.J., will be 15 years old the 28th of this month, and it seems like she has grown way to fast. She is wearing makeup now, and developing her own style, not one I particularly care for, but one she is comfortable with, and wanting to get her learners permit, and start driving. AHHHHHHHHH! It scares me to no end, my youngest driving soon! Another year and she will be able to go out on dates, man the scary times are here and I just can't believe she is old enough for all of this. I pray that John really looks after her through these years, along with the Lord. I am so thankful that I don't have to go through the "Teen Years" again. It is hard for me, but I know that these years can be real hard on kids as they grow.

So enough of that, To scary! HA, HA! So what have I been doing since the last post? Well, I have been doing much better emotionally, I know that John is in a much better place than we are, and that I am where I am supposed to be in life. I have been working on the baby afghan I am making for my grandson. The first grandson in our family, my stepson's. I still am having a little bit of a hard time with the name they picked out, but it is their decision after all, and I have to accept that, so it is getting easier. I think part of that is due to the sermons that our Minister has been preaching. It is a little series about forgiving, dealing with the anger, and stuff like that. The first was from Matthew 18, where Peter asks Christ how many times we should forgive someone for sinning against us. And Christ tells him that we must forgive as God has forgiven us. So we must always forgive those who trespass against us. Then he told us about dealing with the anger. Ephesians 4:26 tells us to be angry, Do Not Sin, and not let the sun go down on our anger. That being angry is normal when we are wronged, but to be careful and not sin while we are angry which is easy to do, and to deal with it, because if we don't we are giving Satan a way into our lives. And in verse 32 we are reminded that we are to be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another as God, In Christ forgave us. So I have decided that I must forgive my stepson for what he did to our family, and that it is for God to judge him, not me, and that as far as I am concerned it is over and I will not speak of it again. And when I decided that, it just seemed that God took a lot of the anger out of my heart and things have been so much better since. I know I may never forget, but it is over and I will not hold it in my heart anymore, and that trespass is forgiven. Wow, I guess it is time to get of my podium now.
I am blessed to be a part of the Church and to have a minister that can touch my heart so well with his sermons and teachings. It excites me to be a part of the church, and I am trying to be a Christian that God will be proud of.

So off I go to do more crafts and some housework, and I pray that God blesses you all, as he has blessed me.
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Ha! Judy you preach GREAT sermons! I am glad you are getting blessed by the messeges that are preached at church. I like it when that happens.
You are right, when we are kids we want to grow up so fast and it feels like it will never happen but when we watch our kids it happens too fast! Today is Isaac's last day of reception (pre-primary) and he will be in year 1 next year. My baby is not so baby anymore. He is 6! I LOVE him being little and I feel strange about him being in year 1! I agree, enjoy them while they are little :-)
I am glad you feel a bit better.
Lots of love,
Charisse