Saturday, December 27, 2008

Were does the time go!

Well, it is Saturday afternoon here, 2 days after Christmas and 1 day before my little girl turns 15 years old. Were does the time go? It seems like it was just a little while back that she was born, so petite, but weighing in at 7 lb 15 3/4 ounces. She didn't look like she should weigh that much but she did. Now she is 15, one more year before the "Sweet 16" and wanting to know why she can't date like her friends do already, starting to wear makeup, and finding her own style. She is into the "emo" look, but she doesn't like the stigma it brings. People think that it means she is cutting herself and that kind of stuff, but she just likes the look, and she is emotional and wears it on her sleeve so to speak. I pray she never gets into the rest of the stuff like cutting and such, but if she does I will just have to help her and get her some counseling for it. She is starting to try to pull back from the activities at church and even said that she doesn't know if she really wants to go to LLL this year with the Church, but I told her that she is already signed up and she needs to follow through, then if she doesn't want to go next year that will be fine. I guess I knew she would pull away from it sometime, but I am still hoping to keep her interested in Church and stuff.

Christmas went well here, even with finances tight we were able to get B.J. what she wanted, and my husband still tried to spoil me some too. I got him a pen that was hand turned by our preacher, and it is gorgeous! He really liked it, and that made me feel good. I was able to babysit in return for the pen, so I didn't have to use his money to get him a gift. That made me feel good, I did it on my own without help. I don't get to do that to much. My oldest kids did okay too. I am in a little of a weird mood, between melancholy and proud of B.J. and just in a funk I guess you could say. Not really depressed, but just,I don't know, weird.

Well, I guess I need to get off of here, B.J. and her 2 guest for her Birthday are in the kitchen, making a cake, from scratch, never having done it before, I need to go supervise before the kitchen is wrecked and I have to clean it by myself.
May God bless you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Wow, your girl is growing up. I hope she doesn't pull away from church. When I turned 15 I was more interested in church! I was very involved and have always loved being involved. Even if she doesn't want to do the leadership stuff, being involved with church is still fun!
I updated my blog with some fun pictures....the last 2 updates...if you scroll down as well. I have heaps to update right now so the updates will be coming frequently for a while until I am caught up! Love ya heaps my friend and I am glad that Christmas went so well. That would make you feel good.
Love Charisse