Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Christmas season is here, and soon it will be Christmas!



Well, here is a picture of my Christmas tree. I still haven't decided if I am going to add more ornaments or if I am going to leave it like it is, but John's picture is right in the middle of the tree in between the tails of the bow. You can't see it on here, but he is there along with ornaments that he made before his treatment and I enjoy looking at them. B.J. also has a picture on the tree and ornaments as well. My other kids pictures are not on the tree, but their ornaments are. I may give them their ornaments on day, but not right now. I am doing a little better today, and taking one day at a time. Though it has been more than a year and a half since John's death, and this is the second Christmas season that I have gone through without my little boy, it is still almost as hard as last year. Sometimes harder, though I haven't figured out why yet. I just miss him so much, and still feel that it just isn't right to have had to let him go at such a young age. I am keeping myself busy, knitting mainly as well as crocheting, baby sitting, and making greeting cards. Yes, I do like my crafts. Here is a shot of the afghan that I just got done today. It is a standard size knit afghan that I made for a friend of mine for her Christmas present. I sure hope she likes it. It is the first full size (not a baby size) that I have knit. Now I have started one for my stepson's baby that is due in February. I don't like to wait for the last minute, because if I have a spell of not wanting to knit for a while, then I will still have time to finish before I need it to be done. Well, it is getting a little late so I am going to go for now. Please pray for all mom's missing their angels this holiday season, even me. It is times like this that are the hardest.
Thanking God for all the blessings he has given to me, including the ability to make things with my hands.
Working my way through life without John,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

aww my love....only your second Christmas without John. Don't be too hard on yourself.....it has not been long at all! You still have such fresh feelings and it doesn't seem fair to have to say goodbye to John when he was so young (((HUGS))). Remember Jesus will heal your heart as the years go by....you will never forget but you will know when more healing has taken place. ((HUGS))
Lots of love,
Charisse