Saturday, January 24, 2009

Okay, here it is.


Well, here it is, the picture of the baby sweater I made for my grandson, who is due in just a couple weeks now. The picture is a little dark, but it is a hoodie, and instead of buttons, I chose to crochet some strings to tie it with. A great friend of mine picked up some very small pompom makers for me, and that is what the little white spots are. I couldn't use the yarn that I used for the sweater because it was to heavy a yarn to make small pompoms out of. Not bad for my first one I ever made. I made 2 more since making this one, but I forgot to take pictures before I took them to the friend I made them for. She was so excited and happy with them, and she didn't want them for herself, she wanted them to give to her friends at their baby showers. I am so happy she liked them so much.
Other than more knitting and crocheting, I haven't done much except for the same old hum drum stuff called house work. I am baby sitting again today, and he is being so good I thought I would get online for a spell.
B.J. got her first High School report card this week (drum roll please)...............
She got all A's, they were 100, 98, 99, and 100!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of her. She now has 4 credits towards graduation. She is such a smart young lady, I don't know where she got it, I had to work hard for my grades and they were not that good, and her dad worked hard to just graduate. She is the smartest in our family, minus John, if he had made it he would have gave her a run for the highest grades, he also was a very smart young man. So, I am blessed to have such a smart and responsible young lady in the house. I let her go out with a couple girl friends last night, her first adventure out with just the girl friends and no chaperones. I was a nervous wreck! LOL! But she was good, we text a little before they went to bed, and she got home today before her appointed time, which was very good. I feel I can trust her more than her older siblings when they were her age. I also felt good that she came home and told me about what they did and some of the things they said. It reassures me that I am raising her right, and that she is growing up and learning to be a responsible young citizen. I thank God for her every day as well as my other children, and I also thank Him for guiding me in raising them.
My husbands dad is now home from the hospital, he had back surgery Wednesday, and is doing well. Sore of course, and can't do anything except for what the doctors told him to, but he is doing well, and so is my mother-in-law. I Praise God for that. He is 78 this year, so we were worried about how he would do.
My husband is doing well, trying to drum up some work of course, the life of a construction worker is hard sometimes. But with God on our side we will manage one way or the other. But he is doing okay, and like me just taking it all one day at a time.
Well, that is about all for now, May God Bless you and keep you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Wow, you did a GREAT job! The hoodie looks so cute and I love the pom poms!
Congratulations to B.J. for the wonderful grades! I am so glad that things went well with her going out.
Love ya heaps, Judy!
Charisse