Sunday, January 4, 2009

We are still here.

So far, we have kept the internet going, we will just have to take it one day at a time. I am okay with it all, finances are getting rough almost everywhere right now, but we will manage. I may be getting a job to help my husband make ends meet, that is if I can find one. There are not that many around here right now, but God will provide. So, on to how we are doing besides the financial stuff. I have completed the baby afghan that I knit for my stepson's first born son who is due in about 4 weeks or so. I still can't believe that I will be a grandmother soon, even if it is from my husbands first marriage, it is still my grandson too! I have also knit a bib, can you believe that, a bib that was knit. I found the pattern on the Internet, and had to try it. It wasn't perfect, but for a first try at the pattern and it being more advanced than I have ever tried, it turned out pretty good. I also finished a knit dish cloth. I have really enjoyed knitting lately, and even when I am interested in a television show, I will knit while I watch it. HA! My mom never thought I would be knitting! I wouldn't even try when I was young and she would try to teach me. I didn't have time to sit and do girl stuff, I was a tomboy through and through. That is until I had children of my own, and became a stay at home mom. You find that the "girl stuff" isn't to bad. I have also began a Bible reading program and I am reading every morning while I enjoy my breakfast. I got this one year seasonal Bible while I was in hospital with John during his treatment, and it has scripture from the Old Testament as well as the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs for every day of the year so that when you get to the end you have read the entire Bible. That is one thing I have never been able to do is read through the whole Bible, but I am resolved to do it this year. Wish me luck and perseverance.

B.J. is still the teen aged Hermit that likes to stay in her room except to eat, use the bathroom, and go to Church and School. I did find out however that the reason she didn't want to go to the Convention with Lads to Leaders was because she didn't want to write and do her speech, she just wants to do song leading. I decided that instead of pushing her to hard, I would agree to the song leading only, especially since she is having to do without things here and I know that is hard for a teen to deal with, plus the fact that she works so hard at school and brings home real good grades on her report card, well, okay, I folded and decided to let her off the hook where the speech is concerned.

My husband is doing okay, worrying about us and the bills and such, which is normal for him, it is just worse now. He is such a hard worker, and it bothers him when he can't get enough work to sustain us. I try to let him know that I am okay and we can deal with not having extras, but he wants to give us everything and sometimes that is just not realistic. I pray for him every day. He said he wants me to wait until after convention in April to get a job, but that all depends on if he gets enough jobs to make it until then. See, he is a carpenter, and works on houses, building them or remodeling them, and work is slim this time of year on a regular basis, but with the recession and all here in the US, it is worse this year.

So that about does it for now, I will post when I can, and I have something to say, or gripe about, or just babble about (HAHA).
May God Bless you all,
Judy

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Hello Judy,
it is good that you are still on the internet even though finances are really tight. It must be very difficult. I pray that God will point you all in the right direction when it comes to finances :-)
Love you,
Charisse