Saturday, September 22, 2007

B.J. is feeling better.




Well, B.J. is feeling better, as a matter of fact she felt well enough to help with the Church Kid's Rally today. The older kids help to host the rally by helping with the groups and being counselors. They get a t-shirt and everything. It is such a good experience for them to help with the church and be good role models in being active with the church activities. I am very proud of her. I have enjoyed a little time to myself also. I plan on helping with the church activities next year, I am taking a year to just get used to staying home and not having to be at hospitals or doctors or home tending a child with serious health issues. In other words, getting used to a normal mommy life.


B.J.'s last progress report was even a little better than the first one, her lowest grade this time was a 95, her highest being a 100. Honor roll here she comes. She is in the school's beta club too. Can you tell I am a proud mom? She is a gem that is for sure. She can't decide if she wants to be a lawyer or a teacher. If she continues to study hard and do well, she will be able to do whatever she wants to so that is for sure. As long as she is happy and doing what she wants, I will be more than happy for her.

I am doing okay, getting over Becky's latest drama act, and just trying to enjoy some peace. It is getting a little harder for me the closer it gets to Tuesday. Yes, that is the day that John would have been 12. I know there are plenty of hard times to come, the first Halloween with out him, Thanksgiving, and Christmas to name a few. But his birthday will be one of the hardest I think, besides April 15Th of course. I know I will be fine, and I know John is in a good place, but I am human after all and I do miss him so very much. Here is one of my favorite pictures of him.
This was before his GVHD flared back up and we were home for about 3 months. Can you see the mischief in his eyes?

Well, I guess that about does it for now. Remember to tell the ones you love how you feel. You never know what tomorrow brings.

Thankful for the 11 1/2 years I had with this special young man,
Judy

No comments: