Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Well, Here is my new page to journal my life after...

You might be asking after what? Well let me tell you, this is life after diagnosis of Fanconi Anemia for my son John, life after his Bone Marrow Transplant, but mostly, my life after his death on April 15Th of this year from complications with GVHD after his BMT. Yes it is difficult, but Life goes on, therefore the name, My Life After...

So now that I have introduced you to myself, here is what has been happening lately. My youngest daughter B.J. has had pneumonia this week, and man it has been a long week and it is only half over! I had forgotten how long the days seem when you get little sleep from a child being sick. The hardest was when she looked at me and said,"I don't want to die mommy." She thought that since her brother's last admission into the hospital was due to breathing difficulty, that she was going to die too. It broke my heart, but I had to just take a deep breath and talk her through it. I just thank God that she is feeling better, and her IV is out, and she didn't have to go inpatient to be treated.

I also have an 18 year old daughter, and a 20 year old son who is married to a great young lady. They are all doing well, and no longer live here with me, but we talk almost every day.
Well, I guess that is a good start for now, I will be posting whenever the mood strikes me to journal, as this is not just for my friends to keep up with me, but to keep a journal without actually writing it down on paper. So until the next time, Remember that God has us in his capable hands and may he bless us all.
Judy

3 comments:

Traci said...

Hello..... mind if I link to you over at my place?

Jane Tatum said...

Judy this is an excellent start...John is so very proud of you. Billy said in his last email that he knows he is fine because John will manage every move they make over there. He says he never had the strength he has now....kinda makes me know that he is telling the complete truth!

I will never have the opportunity to tell you as many times as you deserve how proud I am of you. With my love,Jane

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Love your picture on the site. very nice.
My prayers ahve been with you during the past several days. I hope that BJ feels much better very soon. I know it's not only hard on her but you as well. You are a great person, mom and nurse so you will both be fine! God will help you through it and I know you already know that!
I had forgotten the boys birthdays were so close. On Sunday as Logan celebrates with hsi friends I will be saying a special prayer for John Cooper!
Take care of yourself as you're taking care of all your crew too!
God bless.
Love ya lady!
Johna
Proud mama of Logi and Con-Man